Joining the alliance
Each AIYD member designates one or more staff members to regularly engage with us on behalf of their organization, reporting back to their CEO or senior leadership. We meet regularly to engage on topics important to the youth development community and we rely on our member input and resources and those who choose to serve in our leadership capacities.
Access and Influence
- Engage in policy discussions on key issues related to international youth development with leaders of the U.S. government, NGOs, and counterpart organizational networks around the world
- Participate in direct advocacy and outreach to Congress and federal agencies
- Add your voice and views to policy and operational meetings with AIYD members, outside experts, UN agencies, government leaders, and other advocates
- Contribute to shaping the evolution of the international youth development community agenda
- Strengthen relationships with private funders, associations, and key thinkers on youth development
Visibility and Credibility
- Increase recognition of your organization’s successes and contributions to international youth development
- Raise your organization's profile among key players in the youth development sector
- Support and expand the reach of your youth platform through AIYD’s collective voice of leading youth development organizations
Engagement and Collaboration
- Keep up to date on the latest issues and trends in the field of youth development
- Share and discuss effective practices and advocate for and inform policies that affect youth
- Build partnerships and exchange ideas; work collaboratively to establish common positions on critical youth policy issues
- Build relationships with practitioners and youth development leaders and peers
- Attend events and strategic planning sessions to address new and evolving issues in the field of youth and international development
AIYD members pay an annual membership contribution of $5,000 to support our ongoing operational and administrative costs and activities.
Membership dues ensure that AIYD can conduct regular meetings, conferences, and other special events with the goal of supporting the work of the Alliance, its members, and the larger youth development community.